Friday, 21 Aug 2026
Hot News
Sound Smart: 7 QBs Already On The Hot Seat, Plus Other Key Insights As NFL Camps Open
Israel’s approval of limited Gaza force a calculated manoeuvre, experts say | Benjamin Netanyahu News
Three Dead Following Shootout at Seattle Food Festival
Tesla Sank 15% on Its Q2 Miss. Wall Street’s Average Price Target Now Implies 29% Upside.
Best Sports Betting Apps 2026: Top Betting Sites Reviewed
Get Fast News Updates – Stay Ahead with USA Blogger
  • Home
  • Business
    • Realtor
    • CEO
    • Founder
    • Entrepreneur
    • Journalist
  • Health
    • Doctor
    • Beauty cosmetics
    • Plastic Surgeon
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
    • Coach
    • Athlete
    • Fitness trainer
  • Life Style
  • 🔥
  • USA News
  • International News
  • Politics News
  • Cryptocurrency
  • Technology
  • Travel
Font ResizerAa
Get Fast News Updates – Stay Ahead with USA BloggerGet Fast News Updates – Stay Ahead with USA Blogger
  • Home
  • USA
  • International
  • Business
  • Crypto
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Health
  • Life Style
  • Politics
  • SocialMedia
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
Search
  • Home
  • USA
  • International
  • Business
    • Realtor
    • CEO
    • Founder
    • Entrepreneur
    • Journalist
  • Crypto
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Health
    • Doctor
    • Plastic Surgeon
    • Beauty cosmetics
  • Life Style
  • Politics
  • SocialMedia
  • Sports
    • Athlete
    • Coach
    • Fitness trainer
  • Technology
  • Travel
Follow US
©2025 USA Bloger . All Rights Reserved.
Get Fast News Updates – Stay Ahead with USA Blogger > Blog > International > Pentagon chief announces review of US forces in Europe, slams NATO allies | NATO News
International

Pentagon chief announces review of US forces in Europe, slams NATO allies | NATO News

Nora Sutton
Nora Sutton
Share
SHARE

Pete Hegseth says the review would last up to six months and include consultations with Congress, which has legislated a minimum number of U.S. forces in Europe.

Published June 18, 2026June 18, 2026

US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has announced a new review of troop deployments in Europe, threatening to withhold some US dues to NATO if free-riding allies fail to meet their defense spending commitments.

Addressing defense ministers at NATO headquarters in Brussels on Thursday, Hegseth said the review would last up to six months and include consultations with Congress, which has legislated a minimum number of US forces in Europe.

Recommended stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

Hegseth’s comments came a few weeks after the United States told its allies that if one of them was attacked it would no longer supply certain warships and aircraft. European allies and Canada are trying to find a way to close the gaps.

“Make no mistake about it, this will be a real review. It will be designed to ensure that NATO moves rapidly and irreversibly towards the leadership of Europe, stepping up to assume primary responsibility for the defense of Europe,” Hegseth said.

He also sharply criticized allies who did not support the United States during its war with Iran, after some denied the United States basing and overflight rights for war-related activities. He said the US review would ensure that US basing and overflight rights were guaranteed.

The United States told allies last month that it had decided to reduce the set of American military capabilities available to the alliance in a crisis.

According to NATO’s top commander, US Air Force General Alexus Grynkewich, the goal is to gradually end an “unhealthy codependency” of US forces, as Washington faces the potential for simultaneous conflicts in multiple theaters.

Arriving at the NATO meeting, Hegseth said the United States would be candid publicly and privately about countries that need to do more to meet their commitments.

“NATO 3.0 is the post-Cold War recognition that it needs to return to a truly hardline military alliance that has real military capabilities capable of deterring right here on the continent and taking the lead in the conventional defense of Europe,” he said.

The comments come after European allies and Canada launched an unprecedented effort to increase defense spending and expand their armed forces.

NATO Secretary General Mark Rutte noted Thursday that they spent $90 billion more on defense last year, a 20 percent increase compared to 2024.

Rutte also acknowledged that the reduction of US contributions to NATO crisis forces has already had an effect.

“Yesterday the question arose: Is this immediate or not? It is immediate,” he told reporters.

Some ministers detailed offers to increase their contributions to NATO’s crisis fund entering the Brussels meeting.

The United States has not publicly revealed details of its reductions, but they range from refueling aircraft to fighter jets, drones and ships, according to figures provided to the Reuters news agency by a military source.

You Might Also Like

Syrian president vows to protect Druze after Israeli strikes on Damascus | News

Trump’s first 100 days are the worst for the stock market since Nixon

Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,347 | Russia-Ukraine war News

5/3: CBS Weekend News – CBS News

Several killed as car rams into Vancouver’s Lapu Lapu festival crowd | News

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article Giants Broadcaster Criticizes Players Wearing Bible Verses for Pride Night
Next Article 2026 World Cup Standings: Full list of teams

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
InstagramFollow

Popular Posts

Iran investigates cause of deadly explosion at largest port | Infrastructure

Food for newsThe video caught the Moter a massive explosion shook the largest port in…

By
Robert Adams

Kim Kardashian Stuns in $7M Diamonds During Paris Robbery Trial

Challenging in diamonds, Kim Kardashian He appeared in a Chamber of the Paris Court on…

By
Sophia Harris

In 1975, thousands of babies were daringly airlifted from the Vietnam war | Conflict

It is April 4, 1975, a beautiful, sunny day in Saigon – soon to be…

By
Nora Sutton

You Might Also Like

International

5/1: CBS Evening News – CBS News

By
Nora Sutton
International

FIFA World Cup 2026: Biggest takeaways from the quarterfinals | World Cup 2026 News

By
Nora Sutton
International

Therapist who worked with 100 couples—5 annoying habits that ‘destroy’ relationships

By
Nora Sutton
International

Russia-Ukraine war: List of key events, day 1,157 | Russia-Ukraine war News

By
Nora Sutton
Get Fast News Updates – Stay Ahead with USA Blogger
USA
  • International
  • Politics
  • Crypto
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • Entertainment
Business
  • CEO
  • Entrepreneur
  • Founder
  • Journalist
Health
  • Doctor
  • Plastic Surgeon
  • Beauty cosmetics
  • Life Style
Sports
  • Athlete
  • Coach
  • Fitness trainer

 © 2017-2026 USA Bloger. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?